Your living space is where you can shed the stress of the day and relax. With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, you need a place to go that allows you to unwind. You want to be able to cuddle up with a cosy blanket and let the worries of the day fall to the waste side. You can create a space that is comforting and warm by layering different tactile surfaces. It is a great way to add style and comfort to your living space. This trend is sweeping the globe, because it allows for a look that is inviting and creates warmth, security, and the cosiness that everyone is looking to achieve.
Adding texture with textiles and wood
When you are looking to add texture to your living space, you want to choose fabrics and patterns that look like they have movement. Choose patterns that entice you to reach out and touch them. Textured designs will liven a room and create a space that is inviting and unique. Here are some tips that will help you add texture to your room.
- Choose patterns and pieces that give your eyes something to look at. They make the room feel soft and cosy. They make you think of nature. Using wood and potted plants are great ways to add this textured idea to your space.
- A patterned rug is a good option that will allow you to create the look that you are going for easily. Pair this with some solid colours or light colours for the walls and the eyes will be drawn right to the rug.
- Contrast works great when it comes to colours. Use different wood types in the same room, instead of trying to match all of one colour.
- Incorporate some plant into your space and it will create comfort and texture. It will also increase your positive mood, as it works to purify the air in your space.
- Carefully choose your furniture. Mix up the chairs, find vintage look, and create a modern space with patterned and velvet furniture choices.
- You can add texture to a room with stacks of books as well. You can add a book shelf of books to create a comforting look. If you don’t have enough books to fill the space, you can add a few trinkets on the shelfs to enhance the look of your space.
- Lighting is important. You want to choose lighting options that are soft and welcoming. A super bright light can make the room feel cold.Choose flooring, moulding, and ceilings with some texture as well for a full makeover of the space. Hard wood floors, crown mouldings, and textured walls are a perfect choice for your inviting and cosy spaces.
You can create a look that is sure to make you feel at home with these textured looks. It is a way to create a space that will brighten your mood whenever you walk in the room. It is a space where you will be able to sit and relax or even entertain.